Centers Laboratory of New Jersey is actively seeking a Pre-Analytical Director for our Laboratory in Cedar Knolls, NJ.
Position Title: Pre-Analytical Director
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer
The Pre-Analytical Director is responsible for managerial oversight for the pre-analytical departments, which includes phlebotomy, courier service and supply distribution. This position is responsible for planning, organizing, staffing, directing and overseeing the company's pre-analytic operations in order to serve customers and achieve our corporate objectives. The Pre-Analytical Director ensures that the staff is in compliance with all laws and regulations that are required by CLIA, CAP, OSHA and any other applicable legislative organizations.
To accomplish this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform, with or without reasonable accommodation, each responsibility competently. Reasonable accommodations may be made to help enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the responsibility. Pre-analytical director responsibilities include but are not necessarily limited to the following:
- Coordinates the daily operations for the pre-analytical departments, which include phlebotomy, courier services and supply distribution.
- Be a proactive leader and identify opportunities and propose improvements, efficiencies and operational modification as it relates to the pre-analytical departments.
- In conjunction with support staff maintains a process for staffing, training, evaluation of competency and ongoing educational development.
- Serves as a resource for problem solving and process improvement to ensure accurate performance and meets all quality goals. Investigates and documents non-conforming events as necessary.
- Reviews, revises, and updates policies and procedures in accordance with required regulatory and departmental standards.
- Coordinates and provides oversight for the supply needs of clients.
- Ensures the safety, punctual collections and delivery of all medical items.
- Identify and understand regulatory requirements to ensure the pre-analytical department is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations pertinent to the laboratory, including applicable CLIA, CAP, NY State.
- Supports, implements, and ensures compliance with all department and company policies and procedures.
- Acts as a resource to physicians, nursing, and others to address questions related to test procedures, service complaints and other lab issues.
- Works closely with the Directors of Client Services, Sales and Laboratory Operations to coordinate the creation and implementation of policies and procedures and ensure a high level of customer service and client retention.
- Demonstrate the ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Possess effective management abilities so as to supervise department staff
- Perform all responsibilities independently with no direct supervision required
- Perform all other duties as assigned
- Must have proven leadership, interpersonal, communication, computer and technical skills in the specialty area being supervised.
- Knowledge of medical laboratory safety, cleanliness and infection control policies and regulations
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and comply with all HIPAA regulations
- Demonstrated leadership ability, strength and diplomacy
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Critical thinking with efficient and effective problem-solving skills.
- Ability to manage and execute multiple projects, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work well in a team environment that promotes inclusiveness and communication among team members.
- Capable of providing an outstanding customer service experience for patients and staff.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor of Arts/Science Degree in Life Science.
- 10 years pre-analytical laboratory experience.
- 5 or more years of management experience
- Environmentally controlled laboratory environment
- Fast paced environment with occasional high pressure or emergent situations
- Possible exposure to infectious specimens, communicable diseases, toxic substances, and other conditions common to a laboratory environment
- Frequent interaction with a diverse population including team members and other customers
- Frequent standing, walking, grasping, carrying and speaking
- Occasional sitting, reaching, bending and stooping
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling up to 50 pounds, with assistance if needed
- Frequent use of computer, keyboard, phone, and copy and fax machine as needed
Cedar Knolls, NJ