Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner (NP)
Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner
Medical Director Services PC is actively seeking a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner to work with SNF residents in multiple long-term care facilities in New York State.
In-person and remote options are available.
Candidates should have a thorough knowledge of psychopathology and its treatment; models of behavior change/management; psychotherapeutic processes and modalities; cognitive and personality factors; a broad range of psychological evaluative procedures and instruments available for diagnostic and treatment planning purposes; and be a licensed Psychiatric-Mental Health Nurse Practitioner.
DUTIES and REQUIREMENTS:
- Assuring delivery of quality care services to all patients in a respectful and professional manner
- Contributes to physician's effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range patient care issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action; implementing physician directives.
- Assesses patient health by interviewing patients; performing physical examinations; obtaining, updating, and studying medical histories
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records
- Performs therapeutic procedures by administering injections and immunizations; suturing; managing wounds and infections
- Instructs and counsels patients by describing therapeutic regimens; giving normal growth and development information; providing counseling on emotional problems of daily living; promoting wellness and health maintenance
- Provides continuity of care by developing and implementing patient management plans
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal and professional requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies
- Develops health care team staff by providing information, educational opportunities, and experiential growth opportunities
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Health Promotion and Maintenance, Thoroughness, Clinical Skills, Informing Others, Medical Teamwork, Bedside Manner, Infection Control, Administering Medication, Pain Management, Self-Development
Medical Director Services PC was founded in 2016 when SNF’s were shifting a focus on value at the same time treating residents with higher level of acuity. MDSPC puts an emphasis on quality and customer service first. Another crucial focus is treating in place when possible and reducing unnecessary hospitalizations. MED77 LB123