PT - Entry Level Maintenance Technician
Entry level Maintenance Tech
Far Rockaway Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is actively seeking an
Candidate must be a true handyman with basic knowledge of all construction trades (plumbing, carpentry, and finishing). A willingness to work hard, learn and grow. Must be able to follow directions, and have great time management skills. Must possess the ability to prioritize work orders, solve problems and work under little supervision. Must have own reliable transportation, great work ethic, reliability, and punctuality.
Must have or able to obtain a physical with PPD and MMR prior to employment.
Maintains efficient operation and upkeep of the property building and grounds in a supportive role.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for the daily repair and upkeep of the property
- Responsible for inspections of all maintenance related items as pertaining to a nursing-care facility
- Responsible for the preparation of units awaiting new occupant arrivals
- Responsible for the care, maintenance, and inventory of all supplies and equipment owned by the property and/or the management company
- Responsible for the supply and upkeep of all personal tools required by us for Service Technician
- Responsible for reporting unusual or extraordinary circumstances regarding the property or residents
- Responsible for maintaining a professional appearance and attitude at all times
- Responsible for cleaning work area, tools, and equipment
- Responsible for courteous, efficient response at all times-including being on an on-call basis for maintenance emergencies
- Be aware of and operate within OSHA (Occupational Safety & Health Act) standards and company safety policies at all times
- Responsible for thorough knowledge of management company policies and property community policies
- Duties may include but not limited to: transport resident beds, small appliances, drywall, painting, plumbing, electrical, snow removal, ground keeping, window/door repair, flooring, furnace/A/C work, roofing, and carpentry
- Other job duties assigned per Directors request
Far Rockaway, NY
Far Rockaway Center is a 100-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in Far Rockaway, New York. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence. Far Rockaway Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.