Centers Laboratory is actively seeking a motivated Quality Coordinator to work for our lab located in Cedar Knolls NJ.
The Clinical Laboratory Quality Coordinator will report to the Director of the Quality Management and be in charge for plans, organizes, implements and maintains the effective operation of a quality control program for Centers laboratory. The Quality Coordinator is responsible for establishing and maintaining a quality control program which is designed to monitor and evaluate the ongoing and overall quality of the total testing processes of the laboratory to ensure the continued conformance to all legal and accrediting agency required standards.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Plans, organizes, and administers an independently functioning quality control program under the supervision of the Quality Director for the laboratory.
- Maintains records of a reference library of professional updates, articles and other texts on the subject of medical laboratory quality control and a current listing of all quality control standards to which state departments of health and accrediting agencies require conformance.
- Confers with laboratory unit heads to determine the extent of current compliance with legal and accrediting agency standards of quality control and, where appropriate, to establish a program to ensure compliance by a specified future date. Writes Standard Operating Procedures and Policies to ensure compliance.
- Responsible for leading multi-disciplinary group to implement changes based on frequently released guidelines. Involves implementing changes affecting upstream and downstream workflows, which may impact clinicians, laboratory staff, and institutional infrastructure (ITS). Required to lead discussions, properly communicate impact of changes, and receive buy-in from all affected parties.
- Initiates action to obtain from accrediting agency representatives the clarification, interpretation, or explanation of published quality control standards which may not be clearly understood.
- Administers a proficiency testing program for the laboratories, integrating existing programs conducted by outside agencies and those devised in-house; analyzes accumulated results for any indication of consistent error, and ensures proper corrective action is initiated.
- Inspects or supervises the inspection of laboratory instruments and other apparatus to certify proper calibration, reliability of analytical weights and balances, centrifuge speeds, and similar properties; plans programs with department supervisors to ensure prevention of recurrent problems.
- Work with Quality Director to conduct special studies of varying duration and complexity which stem from complaints about the quality of laboratory service, or which render quality laboratory service ineffective and develops appropriate recommendations to implement corrective measures.
- Work with the Quality director and Quality staff to streamline and report all State reportable to the department of health (DOH) as required.
- Guides the lab staff in governmental, regulatory, and compliance matters and implements changes as needed with the input of the Directors, Managers, and Technologists. Leads the development and implementation of a comprehensive Staff Training and Competency Program. Initiates training and Educational files for staff members.
- Performs and summarizes lab audits as defined by the Lab Quality Plan. Monitors and ensures timely implementation of corrective action plans.
- Maintains Quality Standards. Provides supervision, including work direction, work assignments, and answering job-related questions.
- Maintains and tracks all event analysis forms. Review records as needed.
Cedar Knolls, NJ