Recreation Aide (Part Time)
Luxor Nursing and Rehabilitation at Mills Pond is actively seeking motivated and experienced Recreation Aide work Part-Time for our long-term care facility in Saint James, NY. The ideal candidate will have previous experience working with the elderly.
- Assist department staff with the implementation of activities and programs for Residents; focusing on individual interests
- Work directly with Residents on units
- Assist [Recreation Director] and set up, [implement, and clean up] programs as needed
- Organize and obtain supplies and equipment as requested
- Assist recreation specialists & set up program areas as needed
- Keep daily attendance and document residents’ participation in activities
- Assist residents to program location and return residents to appropriate units
- Collaborate with Recreation Director to create/modify the recreation calendar and coordinate with outside parties to implement recreational activities.Distribute calendars.
- Be familiar with established emergency procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Positive attitude and energy is a must!!
- Experience with activities in healthcare settings or college work in recreation therapy
- Knowledge of APIE… [preferred]
- Previous experience with Geriatric population preferred
- Proficient computer skills necessary Knowledge of APIE (assessment / planning / implementation / evaluating) programs
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Strong organizational & planning skills; ability to multi-task
- CNA certification required
Saint James, NY
Luxor Nursing and Rehabilitation at Mills Pond is a state-of-the-art facility providing long-term and short-term stays with dedicated quality care. We work tirelessly to make sure your loved ones are cared for across all levels of rehabilitation. Our pledge to the community, our residents, and the staff is to provide post-acute care in a manner that sets the standard of excellence and strives to meet and/or exceed the expectations of our residents, staff, and all we come in contact with.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 894755