Nursing Home Recreation Aide
Boro Park Center for Rehabilitation & Healthcare is seeking Recreation Aides for our skilled nursing facility. The employee will be expected to work at the facility Monday-Fridays from 9 AM-5 PM.
- Assist department staff with the implementation of activities and programs for Residents; focusing on individual interests.
- Work directly with Residents on units; without direct supervision.
- Organize and obtain supplies and equipment as requested.
- Assist recreation specialists & set up program areas as needed.
- Keep daily attendance and document residents’ participation in activities.
- Assist residents to program location and return residents to appropriate units.
- Be familiar with established emergency procedures.
- Exp. with activities in a healthcare setting or college work in recreation therapy
- Previous experience with Geriatric population preferred
- Basic computer skills necessary
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Strong organizational & planning skills; ability to multi-task
- Passion for the job and a love for working with the elderly is a must!
Boro Park Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 504-bed rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Facility in the heart of the Boro Park section of Brooklyn. Our warm and nurturing environment allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. We want all residents to leave the Boro Park Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, healthier, happier, and most of all, with the tools to succeed. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence.