Nursing Home Recreation Aides
Northern Riverview is seeking a Full Time energetic & passionate Recreation Aide for our Skilled Nursing Facility. The ideal candidate will have experience with recreation therapy/activities and true enjoyment of working with the elderly.
- Design & Implement recreational programs for Residents.
- Work directly with Residents on units, without direct supervision.
- Organize and obtain supplies and equipment as requested.
- Assist recreation specialists & set up program areas as needed.
- Keep daily attendance and document residents’ participation in activities.
- Assist residents to program location and return residents to appropriate units.
- Communicate related information to other individuals directly involved in Resident care
- Be familiar with established emergency procedures.
- Must be upbeat, energetic, enthusiastic, and have a caring personality.
- Enjoy working with the elderly
- Exp. with recreation therapy/activities a plus
- High school diploma/equivalent
- Strong computer skills necessary
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to multi-task
Northern Riverview Healthcare Center is a 180-bed skilled nursing and assisted living facility that also houses Northern Riverview Health Care Center. This beautiful facility offers comprehensive short-term rehabilitation and long-term skilled nursing services, not to mention panoramic views of the Hudson River. Our desirable location and multi-disciplinary approach are designed to help you improve your overall well-being. Northern Riverview is a proud member of the Centers Health Care consortium.