Nursing Home Recreation Aides
Amsterdam Nursing Home is actively hiring Recreation Aides for our Skilled Nursing Facility in the heart of New York City.
- Design & implement recreational programs for Residents.
- Work directly with Residents on units, without direct supervision.
- Organize and obtain supplies and equipment as requested.
- Assist recreation specialists & set up program areas as needed.
- Keep daily attendance and document residents’ participation in activities.
- Assist residents to program location and return residents to appropriate units.
- Communicate related information to other individuals directly involved in Resident care
- Be familiar with established emergency procedures.
- Must be upbeat, energetic, enthusiastic, and have a caring personality.
- Enjoy working with the elderly
- Exp. with recreation therapy/activities a plus
- High school diploma/equivalent
- Strong computer skills necessary
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to multi-task
With Columbia University and the Cathedral of St. John the Divine among its neighbors, Amsterdam House is located on Amsterdam Avenue at 112 street in New York City. The essence of Amsterdam includes a unique combination of old-world charm, comfortable surroundings, and a state-of-the-art clinical care. Our longstanding tradition of caring is carried out by an exceptional staff who are dedicated to the healing arts, providing each resident with the opportunity to thrive and achieve maximum comfort. Our reputation tells the story of our success. Having consistently earned a 5-star rating from CMS, we are proud to be ranked among the best nursing homes by the US News and World Report.