Hope Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is actively seeking a motivated and experienced Recreation Aide to work at our Skilled Nursing Facility located in the Bronx, NY. The ideal candidate will have previous experience working with the elderly.
- Assist department staff with the implementation of activities and programs for Residents; focusing on individual interests
- Work directly with Residents on units
- Assist [Recreation Director] and set up, [implement, and clean up] programs as needed
- Organize and obtain supplies and equipment as requested
- Assist recreation specialists & set up program areas as needed
- Keep daily attendance and document residents’ participation in activities
- Assist residents to program location and return residents to appropriate units
- Collaborate with Recreation Director to create/modify the recreation calendar and coordinate with outside parties to implement recreational activities. Distribute calendars.
- Be familiar with established emergency procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- Positive attitude and energy is a must!!
- Experience with activities in healthcare settings or college work in recreation therapy
- Knowledge of APIE [preferred]
- Previous experience with Geriatric population preferred
- Proficient computer skills necessary
- Knowledge of APIE (assessment / planning / implementation / evaluating) programs
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Strong organizational & planning skills; ability to multi-task
Hope Center’s mission is to provide the Hope Center community with the finest rehabilitation and skilled nursing services anywhere. Excellence is our goal and good outcomes in recovery and rehabilitation are our daily measures of progress. We will maintain a comfortable, dignified environment where our residents can enjoy an engaged, healthy lifestyle that will be a constant steady source of peace of mind to their families. And we will maintain our residents’ bonds to their community by extending ourselves to our neighbors and to the society we serve. We pledge to be innovative in our processes and procedures and to continually set the standard of excellence among skilled nursing facilities, where residents find their physical, social and spiritual needs met by caring, compassionate people. Hope Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.