Nursing Home Recreation Aide
Far Rockaway Center is seeking Recreation Assistants for our skilled nursing facility. The ideal candidate will have previous experience working with the elderly.
- Assist department staff with the implementation of activities and programs for Residents; focusing on individual interests
- Work directly with Residents on units
- Assist [Recreation Director] and set up, [implement, and clean up] programs as needed
- Organize and obtain supplies and equipment as requested
- Assist recreation specialists & set up program areas as needed
- Keep daily attendance and document residents’ participation in activities
- Assist residents to program location and return residents to appropriate units
- Collaborate with Recreation Director to create/modify the recreation calendar and coordinate with outside parties to implement recreational activities. Distribute calendars.
- Be familiar with established emergency procedures
- Other duties as assigned
- A positive attitude and energy is a must!!
- Experience with activities in healthcare settings or college work in recreation therapy
- Knowledge of APIE… [preferred]
- Previous experience with Geriatric population preferred
- Proficient computer skills necessary
- Knowledge of APIE (assessment / planning / implementation / evaluating) programs
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Strong organizational & planning skills; ability to multi-task
Far Rockaway, NY
Far Rockaway Center is a 100-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in Far Rockaway, New York. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence. Far Rockaway Nursing Home is a proud member of the Centers Health Care consortium.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 981254