Holliswood Center is hiring a Recreation Aide in Hollis, NY.
Must be able to work Monday, Wednesday, and Sunday from 9-5.
- Assist department staff with the implementation of activities and programs for Residents; focusing on individual interests.
- Work directly with Residents on units; without direct supervision.
- Organize and obtain supplies and equipment as requested.
- Assist recreation specialists & set up program areas as needed.
- Keep daily attendance and document residents’ participation in activities.
- Assist residents to program location and return residents to appropriate units.
- Be familiar with established emergency procedures.
- Exp. with activities in a healthcare setting or college work in recreation therapy
- Previous experience with Geriatric population preferred
- Basic computer skills necessary
- Knowledge of APIE (assessment / planning / implementation / evaluating) programs
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Strong organizational & planning skills; ability to multi-task
- Passion for the job and a love for working with the elderly is a must!
Holliswood Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 314-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in New York’s beautiful Hollis neighborhood. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. Holliswood Center staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life of all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence. Holliswood Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.
Equal Opportunity Employer –M/F/D/V
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Part Time
Job Reference #: 1015433