Beth Abraham Center is actively seeking a Recreation Aide for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Bronx, NY. The ideal candidate will have experience with recreation therapy/activities and true enjoyment of working with the elderly.
- Design & Implement recreational programs for Residents.
- Work directly with Residents on units, without direct supervision.
- Organize and obtain supplies and equipment as requested.
- Assist recreation specialists & set up program areas as needed.
- Keep daily attendance and document residents’ participation in activities.
- Assist residents to program location and return residents to appropriate units.
- Communicate related information to other individuals directly involved in Resident care
- Be familiar with established emergency procedures.
- Must be upbeat, energetic, enthusiastic, and have a caring personality.
- Enjoy working with the elderly
- Exp. with recreation therapy/activities a plus
- High school diploma/equivalent
- Strong computer skills necessary
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to multi-task
Beth Abraham Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is a 448-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility with impressive Resident and family satisfaction ratings. A vital part of the Bronx community, the facility has a long history of providing a warm and nurturing environment, allowing each resident to get stronger, healthier, and happier. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents. We want them to leave Beth Abraham Center with dignity and independence. Beth Abraham Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care continuum.
Equal Opportunity Employer –M/F/D/V