Richmond Center is looking for a full-time Recreation Coordinator/Aide for our Adult Day Care in Staten Island, NY. The ideal candidate will have prior Recreation Director experience in a Medical Model Adult Day Care setting. Most importantly have an upbeat energetic personality, enjoy working in a multicultural setting with the elderly and persons with a wide range of disabilities.
- Plans, Creates and Executes a variety of engaging programs for all days of the week, including Sundays and Holidays. Person-Centered activities are planned to be appropriate to the needs of the registrants (includes but are not limited to: exercise and dance, small and large group programs, individual pursuits, sensory activities, clubs, special interests, spiritual and religious activities, community outings)
- Prepares a monthly calendar of activities that is posted in prominent areas and provided to every registrant
- Prepares a monthly staffing schedule for Recreational Assistants
- Ensures that all documentation requirements are met and is experienced in writing Person-Centered Care Plans, Assessments and Progress notes
- Participates in care plan meetings, and any other meeting as directed by the Director
- Develops and maintains a good rapport with all departments involved with the care plan to ensure that a team effort is achieved in developing a comprehensive plan of care
- Orders appropriate supplies and equipment for the department
- Plans a monthly resident council meeting. Takes meeting minutes and ensures that all registrant concerns are addressed
- Organizes and coordinates special community outings with registrant interests in mind
- Arranges regular entertainment, parties, seasonal programs, and special events
- Plans and coordinates staff events at the request of the director
- Ensures that the facility is appropriately decorated for Holidays and seasons
- Supervises the volunteer program for the facility
- Adheres to all facility and corporate policies
- Must have activities/recreation experience working in a Medical Model Adult Day Care Program.
- Minimum 2 years of age-appropriate experience with 5 years in a full-time activity program
- Excellent administrative and organizational skills
Staten Island, NY
Richmond Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 300-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in the borough of Staten Island. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his/her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence. Richmond Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care consortium.