Luxor Nursing and Rehabilitation at Mills Pond is seeking an enthusiastic Recreation Leader to join us at our Skilled Nursing Facility in St. James, NY!
Offering great benefits!!
- Instructs/leads a wide variety of recreational activities/programs including but not limited to music, arts, crafts, discussions, parties, social groups, trips, special events and entertainment, active and passive games, sensory type activities, seasonal activities, movies, bingo, etc.
- Prepares and serves refreshments as needed at activities within facility and department guidelines
- Assist in decorating for special events and seasonal activities
- Contributes ideas for recreational programming on a regular basis
- Assist in adapting activities and equipment in order to meet the needs of the residents
- Assist in transporting residents to activities as needed
- Is responsible for activity preparation and clean up
- Assist in selection of appropriate recreational supplies, materials, and equipment in order to maintain an adequate inventory
- Will work evening, weekends, and holidays on rotation, and as assigned, dependent on programs requirements
- As assigned, assists in arranging outside trips, entertainment, and contacts with community groups, etc., in accordance with departmental policies
- Assists in transporting residents to and from community trips, outings, and activities in accordance to the facility and departmental policies
- If facility has resident smoking program will participate and monitor smoke room as assigned
- Cooperate with other Department staff
- Particiates in department education program and can show competency in critical task areas
- Perform all other duties as assigned by the Director of Recreation
- Previous experience as a Recreation Assistant or Director in a healthcare setting preferred.
- Previous experience working with Seniors and/or in a healthcare setting a plus.
- Must be very organized and have the ability to lead others.
- Strong computer skills necessary.
- Experience working with short term residents.
- Experience working with behavior residents
- Positive, outgoing, upbeat personality is a must.
- Be self-directed; have strong organizational & planning skills; ability to multi-task.
Luxor Nursing and Rehabilitation at Mills Pond is a state-of-the-art facility providing long term and short term stay with dedicated quality care. We work tirelessly to make sure your loved ones are cared for across all levels of rehabilitation. Our pledge to the community, our residents, and the staff is to provide post-acute-care in a manner that sets the standard of excellence and strive to meet and/or exceed the expectations of our residents, staff, and all we come in contact with.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V MPC35