Richmond Center for Rehabilitation and Speciality Healthcare is seeking a Recreational Therapist (CTRS) to work in our neuro behavioral unit. Ability to create and implement leisure time, cognitive stimulation, educational and theme oriented group and individual activities according to the residents' needs, preferences, and abilities. Asses, evaluate, and document residents' performance as per DOH regulations. Knowledge of Point Click Care is a plus.
- Implement activities programs for Residents; focus on individual interests
- Work directly with Residents on units without direct supervision
- Organize and obtain supplies and equipment as requested
- Assist recreation specialists & set up program areas as needed
- Keep daily attendance and document residents’ participation in activities
- Assist residents to program location and return residents to appropriate units
- Be familiar with established emergency procedures
- Positive attitude and energy is a must!
- MUST have prior long-term care experience
- Previous experience with a geriatric population
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Strong organizational & planning skills; ability to multi-task
Staten Island, NY
Richmond Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 372-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in the borough of Staten Island. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his/her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence. Richmond Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care consortium.
Equal Opportunity Employer –M/F/D/V