Regional Director of Nursing- Upstate New York
Regional Director of Nursing
Centers Health Care is looking to hire a full time Regional Director of Nursing to routinely consult with assigned facilities throughout Upstate New York. The ideal candidate will have at least three to five years prior experience as a Regional Nurse Consultant and/or Regional Director of Nursing in a long-term care environment.
The Regional Director of Nursing routinely consults with assigned facilities in regards to (but not limited to): resident care, State & Federal surveys, regulatory compliance, and clinical surveys. They will be responsible for driving clinical outcomes, implementing CHC's clinical policies/procedures and ensuring compliance with State/Federal regulations & standards of care. In addition, the Regional Director of Nursing may be temporarily assigned to function as an Interim DON in a local facility on an as needed basis. CHC365
Position REQUIRES extensive travel.
- Assess & evaluate clinical services in assigned facilities to identify areas for clinical improvement.
- Identifies clinical development opportunities & informs CHC & local facility leadership about clinical "best practices."
- Completes and submits visit reports & audit results to the Chief Nursing Officer or Director of Clinical Operations.
- Acts as a regional mentor & coaches DONs for success at local facilities.
- May need to assist the DON in reviewing candidates for RN Management positions.
- Schedules facility/regional visits based on facility issues and compliance needs.
- Schedules regional training / professional development meetings for DONs no less than quarterly.
- Establishes quarterly/annual performance improvement goals together with local & regional clinical staff.
- Promotes CHC’s core values/ethics, policies/procedures & standards of practice
- Ensures compliance with CHC policies/procedures, State/ Federal regulations and current standards of practice.
- Provides assistance & support throughout the survey process including: preparation for survey, writing a plan of correction & developing an action plan, and monitoring for compliance.
- At least 3-5 years experience as a Regional DON or Regional Nurse Consultant REQUIRED.
- Candidate must possess a valid RN license.
- Experience in a Corporate / Regional role preferred.
- Supervisory experience in healthcare settings.
- Exceptional interpersonal & leadership skills.
- Excellent knowledge of State & Federal guidelines.
- Extensive travel required.