Regional Nurse Consultant
Regional Nurse Consultant
Centers Health Care is looking to hire a full-time Regional Nurse Consultant to routinely consult with assigned facilities throughout the Adirondack region of New York. The ideal candidate will have at least three to five years prior experience as a Regional Nurse Consultant and/or Regional Director of Nursing in a long term care environment.
The Regional Nurse Consultant routinely consults with assigned facilities in regards to (but not limited to): resident care, State and Federal surveys, regulatory compliance, and clinical services. They will be responsible for driving clinical outcomes, implementing CHC's clinical policies/procedures and ensuring and compliance with State/Federal regulations and standards of care. In addition, the Regional Nurse Consultant may be temporarily assigned to function as Interim DON in a local facility on an as-needed basis.
Minimum of three years of prior experience as a Regional Director of Nursing/Regional Nurse Consultant in LTC is required.
Position REQUIRES extensive travel.
- Assess & evaluate clinical services in assigned facilities to identify areas for clinical improvement.
- Identifies clinical development opportunities & informs CHC & local facility leadership about clinical "best practices."
- Completes and submits visit reports & audit results to the Chief Nursing Officer or Director of Clinical Operations.
- Acts as a regional mentor & coaches DONs for success at local facilities.
- May need to assist the DON in reviewing candidates for RN Management positions.
- Schedules facility/regional visits based on facility issues and compliance needs.
- Schedules regional training / professional development meetings for DONs no less than quarterly.
- Establishes quarterly/annual performance improvement goals together with local & regional clinical staff.
- Promotes CHC’s core values/ethics, policies/procedures & standards of practice
- Ensures compliance with CHC policies/procedures, State/ Federal regulations and current standards of practice.
- Provides assistance & support throughout the survey process including preparation for survey, writing a plan of correction & developing an action plan, and monitoring for compliance.
- At least 3-5 years experience as a Regional DON or Regional Nurse Consultant REQUIRED.
- Candidate must possess a valid RN license.
- Experience in a Corporate / Regional role preferred.
- Supervisory experience in healthcare settings.
- Exceptional interpersonal & leadership skills.
- Excellent knowledge of State & Federal guidelines.
- Extensive travel required.