Registered Dietician (RD)
Bishop Rehabilitation & Nursing Center is looking for a Registered Dietician (RD) to work in our facility in Syracuse, NY.
Now Offering a $3,000 sign-on bonus!
- Assess / Monitor the Residents' nutritional status, provide recommendations to medical staff, and develop adequate care plans
- Evaluate special needs of Residents regarding nutrition support, skin breakdown, and significant weight issues
- Coordinate procurement of nutrition support supplies and oral supplements with outside vendors as well as involved department heads
- Monitor Resident meal service to ensure diet modifications are followed
- Educate Residents, families, and staff in concepts of nutrition & diet modification
- Routinely evaluate Dietary Care plans for effectiveness to ensure high quality of care
- Meet weekly with an interdisciplinary team to review and adjust residents’ plan of care
- Work closely with Speech-Language Pathologist to ensure appropriate mechanically altered diets are provided for residents with dysphagia
- Reviewing all menu changes to ensure they follow the facility’s policies/procedures & State/Federal guidelines
- Update diet order and menu changes in computer menu software on a daily basis
- Supervising & working closely with the dietary team to provide excellent Resident care
- Conduct audits of areas relevant to providing quality nutrition care on a routine basis
- Ensure the facility is in compliance with regulations and policies on weight monitoring
- Communicate with an interdisciplinary team on a daily basis to provide quality care to Residents
- Must be a Registered Dietitian!
- Must have nursing home experience
- Exceptional interpersonal & leadership skills
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal guidelines
- Computer literacy and proficiency with EMR software and computer-based menu systems