Registered Dietitian Assistant-Part Time
Registered Dietitian Assistant
Hammonton Center is actively seeking a Part-Time Registered Dietitian Assistant to work 2 days a week for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Hammonton, NJ. The ideal candidate will be an aspiring RD student looking to gain experience in the field.
- Assess / Monitor the Residents' nutritional status, provide recommendations to medical staff, and develop adequate care plans.
- Evaluate special needs of Residents regarding nutrition support, skin breakdown, and significant weight issues.
- Coordinate procurement of nutrition support supplies and oral supplements with outside vendors as well as involved department heads.
- Monitor Resident meal service to ensure diet modifications are followed.
- Educate Residents, families and staff in concepts of nutrition & diet modification.
- Routinely evaluate Dietary Care plans for effectiveness to ensure high quality of care.
- Meet weekly with interdisciplinary team to review and adjust residents’ plan of care.
- Work closely with Speech-Language Pathologist to ensure appropriate mechanically altered diets are provided for residents with dysphagia.
- Reviewing all menu changes to ensure they follow facility’s policies/procedures & State/Federal guidelines.
- Update diet order and menu changes in computer menu software on a daily basis.
- Supervising & working closely with the dietary team to provide excellent Resident care.
- Conduct audits of areas relevant to providing quality nutrition care on a routine basis.
- Ensure facility is in compliance with regulations and policies on weight monitoring.
- Communicate with interdisciplinary team on a daily basis to provide quality care to Residents.
- Dietitian Student is preferred
- Exceptional interpersonal & leadership skills.
- Computer literacy and proficiency
Hammonton Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 240-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in Hammonton, New Jersey. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence. Hammonton Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.