Registered Dietitian: Part Time
Suffolk Center is actively seeking a Part-Time Registered Dietitian to work for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Patchogue, NY. The ideal candidate will have a degree in Dietetics or Nutrition, and have prior supervisory experience in a healthcare setting.
- Assess / Monitor the Residents' nutritional status, provide recommendations to medical staff, and develop adequate care plans.
- Evaluate special needs of Residents regarding nutrition support, skin breakdown, and significant weight issues.
- Coordinate procurement of nutrition support supplies and oral supplements with outside vendors as well as involved department heads.
- Monitor Resident meal service to ensure diet modifications are followed.
- Educate Residents, families and staff in concepts of nutrition & diet modification.
- Routinely evaluate Dietary Care plans for effectiveness to ensure high quality of care.
- Meet weekly with interdisciplinary team to review and adjust residents’ plan of care.
- Work closely with Speech-Language Pathologist to ensure appropriate mechanically altered diets are provided for residents with dysphagia.
- Reviewing all menu changes to ensure they follow facility’s policies/procedures & State/Federal guidelines.
- Update diet order and menu changes in computer menu software on a daily basis.
- Supervising & working closely with the dietary team to provide excellent Resident care.
- Conduct audits of areas relevant to providing quality nutrition care on a routine basis.
- Ensure facility is in compliance with regulations and policies on weight monitoring.
- Communicate with interdisciplinary team on a daily basis to provide quality care to Residents.
- Must be a Registered Dietitian.
- Degree in Nutrition or Dietetics.
- Nursing home experience required
- Exceptional interpersonal & leadership skills.
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal guidelines.
- Computer literacy and proficiency with EMR software and computer-based menu systems.
Suffolk Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is a premier 120-bed facility offering unparalleled medical care to our residents, with specialized programs in long-term care, short-term care, and Wound Care. Our dedicated short-term rehabilitation program offers residents the specialized care they need in order to maximize their potential and return home. Suffolk Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium. SC2004