Registered Dietitian (RD)
Beth Abraham Center is actively seeking a Registered Diet Tech to work Full-Time for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Bronx, NY. The ideal candidate will have a degree in Dietetics or Nutrition.
New Graduates Welcome!!!
- Assess / Monitor the Residents' nutritional status, provide recommendations to medical staff, and develop adequate care plans
- Evaluate special needs of Residents regarding nutrition support, skin breakdown, and significant weight issues
- Coordinate procurement of nutrition support supplies and oral supplements with outside vendors as well as involved department heads
- Monitor Resident meal service to ensure diet modifications are followed
- Educate residents, families, and staff in concepts of nutrition & diet modification
- Routinely evaluate Dietary Care plans for effectiveness to ensure high quality of care
- Meet weekly with an interdisciplinary team to review and adjust residents’ plan of care
- Work closely with Speech-Language Pathologist to ensure appropriate mechanically altered diets are provided for residents with dysphagia
- Reviewing all menu changes to ensure they follow the facility’s policies/procedures & State/Federal guidelines
- Update diet order and menu changes in computer menu software daily
- Supervising & working closely with the dietary team to provide excellent Resident care
- Conduct audits of areas relevant to providing quality nutrition care on a routine basis
- Ensure the facility complies with regulations and policies on weight monitoring
- Communicate with an interdisciplinary team daily to provide quality care to Residents
- Must be a Registered Dietitian!
- Degree in Nutrition or Dietetics
- Must have nursing home experience
- Exceptional interpersonal & leadership skills
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal guidelines
- Computer literacy and proficiency with EMR software and computer-based menu systems
Beth Abraham Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is a 448-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility with impressive Resident and family satisfaction ratings. A vital part of the Bronx community, the facility has a long history of providing a warm and nurturing environment, allowing each resident to get stronger, healthier, and happier. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents. We want them to leave Beth Abraham Center with dignity and independence. Beth Abraham Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care continuum.