Registered Dietitian (RD)
Glens Falls Center is actively seeking a Registered Dietitian for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Glens Falls, NY. The ideal candidate will have a degree in Dietetics or Nutrition, and have prior supervisory experience in a healthcare setting.
- Assess / Monitor the Residents' nutritional status, provide recommendations to medical staff, and develop adequate care plans.
- Evaluate the special needs of Residents regarding nutrition support, skin breakdown, and significant weight issues.
- Coordinate procurement of nutrition support supplies and oral supplements with outside vendors as well as involved department heads.
- Monitor Resident meal service to ensure diet modifications are followed.
- Educate residents, families, and staff in concepts of nutrition & diet modification.
- Routinely evaluate Dietary Care plans for effectiveness to ensure high quality of care.
- Meet weekly with the interdisciplinary team to review and adjust residents’ plans of care.
- Work closely with a Speech-Language Pathologists to ensure appropriate mechanically altered diets are provided for residents with dysphagia.
- Reviewing all menu changes to ensure they follow the facility’s policies/procedures & State/Federal guidelines.
- Update diet order and menu changes in computer menu software on a daily basis.
- Supervising & working closely with the dietary team to provide excellent Resident care.
- Conduct audits of areas relevant to providing quality nutrition care on a routine basis.
- Ensure the facility is in compliance with regulations and policies on weight monitoring.
- Communicate with the interdisciplinary team on a daily basis to provide quality care to Residents.
- Must be a Registered Dietitian.
- Degree in Nutrition or Dietetics.
- Supervisory experience in healthcare settings.
- Exceptional interpersonal & leadership skills.
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal guidelines.
- Computer literacy and proficiency with EMR software and computer-based menu systems.
Glens Falls, NY
Glens Falls Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is a 120-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located on the border of Warren and Washington Counties. Our mission at Glens Falls Center is to provide the finest rehabilitation and skilled nursing services anywhere. Excellence is our goal, and good outcomes are our daily measure of progress. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, dedicated to providing a warm, welcoming, and nurturing environment for all. Glens Falls Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.