Registered Dietitian (RD)
Actively seeking a Full-Time Registered Dietitian to work for our Skilled Nursing Facilities in White Plains, NY & Monsey, NY. The ideal candidate will have a degree in Dietetics or Nutrition, and have prior supervisory experience in a healthcare setting.
This position is to be split 3 days at Martine Center (White Plains, NY) &
2 days at Northern Metropolitan Center (Monsey, NY)
- Assess / Monitor the Residents' nutritional status, provide recommendations to medical staff, and develop adequate care plans.
- Evaluate special needs of Residents regarding nutrition support, skin breakdown, and significant weight issues.
- Coordinate procurement of nutrition support supplies and oral supplements with outside vendors as well as involved department heads.
- Monitor Resident meal service to ensure diet modifications are followed.
- Educate Residents, families and staff in concepts of nutrition & diet modification.
- Routinely evaluate Dietary Care plans for effectiveness to ensure high quality of care.
- Meet weekly with interdisciplinary team to review and adjust residents’ plan of care.
- Work closely with Speech-Language Pathologist to ensure appropriate mechanically altered diets are provided for residents with dysphagia.
- Reviewing all menu changes to ensure they follow facility’s policies/procedures & State/Federal guidelines.
- Update diet order and menu changes in computer menu software on a daily basis.
- Supervising & working closely with the dietary team to provide excellent Resident care.
- Conduct audits of areas relevant to providing quality nutrition care on a routine basis.
- Ensure facility is in compliance with regulations and policies on weight monitoring.
- Communicate with interdisciplinary team on a daily basis to provide quality care to Residents.
- Must be a Registered Dietitian.
- Degree in Nutrition or Dietetics.
- Supervisory experience in healthcare settings.
- Exceptional interpersonal & leadership skills.
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal guidelines.
- Computer literacy and proficiency with EMR software and computer-based menu systems.
White Plains, NY & Monsey, NY