Descripción del trabajo
Delmar Center is actively seeking a Registered Dietitian for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Delmar, NY. The ideal candidate will have a degree in Dietetics or Nutrition, and have prior supervisory experience in a healthcare setting.
- Assess / Monitor the Residents' nutritional status, provide recommendations to medical staff, and develop adequate care plans.
- Evaluate the special needs of Residents regarding nutrition support, skin breakdown, and significant weight issues.
- Coordinate procurement of nutrition support supplies and oral supplements with outside vendors as well as involved department heads.
- Monitor Resident meal service to ensure diet modifications are followed.
- Educate residents, families, and staff in concepts of nutrition & diet modification.
- Routinely evaluate Dietary Care plans for effectiveness to ensure high quality of care.
- Meet weekly with the interdisciplinary team to review and adjust residents’ plans of care.
- Work closely with a Speech-Language Pathologists to ensure appropriate mechanically altered diets are provided for residents with dysphagia.
- Reviewing all menu changes to ensure they follow the facility’s policies/procedures & State/Federal guidelines.
- Update diet order and menu changes in computer menu software on a daily basis.
- Supervising & working closely with the dietary team to provide excellent Resident care.
- Conduct audits of areas relevant to providing quality nutrition care on a routine basis.
- Ensure the facility is in compliance with regulations and policies on weight monitoring.
- Communicate with the interdisciplinary team on a daily basis to provide quality care to Residents.
- Must be a Registered Dietitian.
- Degree in Nutrition or Dietetics.
- Supervisory experience in healthcare settings.
- Exceptional interpersonal & leadership skills.
- Knowledge of applicable state and federal guidelines.
- Computer literacy and proficiency with EMR software and computer-based menu systems.
Delmar Center is a 120-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in a quiet residential neighborhood in Delmar, New York, a suburb of Albany. A recognized leader in short-term rehab and long-term care, Delmar Center is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our patients and residents, helping each to get stronger, healthier, and happier. We’re a community of friends, neighbors, and family living life to the fullest. Delmar Center is a proud member of Centers Health Care-the largest post-acute health care network in the Northeast.