Registered Nurse Educator RN
Registered Nurse Educator
Boro Park Center is looking to hire a full-time Nurse Educator for our Long Term Care facility in Brooklyn, NY.
The ideal candidate will have 3 years of Nurse Educator experience in Long Term Care. The Nurse Educator is responsible for overseeing educational needs (staff development/improvement processes), employee health and orientation processes for our healthcare facility. Educates coaches and verifies staff performance to ensure best practice, compliance and top customer service. Familiar with a variety of the field's concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on experience, direct observation and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Oversees Employee health. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. The Nurse Educator reports to the Director of Quality and/or the Director of Nursing
- Leads staff development programs; by providing instruction designed in safety, body mechanics, infection control, hazardous infectious materials, etc. to meet NYSDOH & other regulatory mandates
- Maintains educational practices by coaching, counseling, and may participate in discthe iplinary process; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Records and documents educational activity, attendance and responses
- Report on active projects, reactions and, progress daily, weekly and monthly.
- Participation in QAPI monthly meetings and projects
- Assist Director of Quality and or Director of Nursing in planning, coordinating and implementing staff programs and services to ensure a well-educated staff.
- Maintain appropriate records and assist in data collection for assessment and evaluation purposes
- Consults with and keeps Director of Quality and or Director of Nursing informed as appropriate or required
- Maintains good inter and intra departmental relationships, interacting effectively with all internal and external customers
- Maintains close contact with employees off work, on disability or workman’s compensation, and their physicians to facilitate their earliest possible return to work
- Reviews incident reports, OSHA reports, involving employees injured at work & coordinates education, loss prevention program with our safety program
- Provides annual tuberculosis screening of volunteers; directs follow-up procedure for positive Manitou testing within scope of practice and under the direction of Director of Nursing.
- Administers Hep B vaccines & Mantoux (TB skin tests) to various contracted agencies and individuals per guidelines and under the direction of Director of Quality or Director of Nursing
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Minimum 3 years experience as a Nurse Educator in Long Term Care
- Current New York State Registered Nurse (RN) License
- Previous experience working in a long-term care setting
- Demonstrated ability to creatively educate and coach
- CPR certification required, CPR trainer certified or willing to become a trainer.
- Training in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices
- Must possess the ability to interact, educate, coach and communicate with a wide cross-section of individuals in a courteous, tactful and effective manner
- Must possess the highest ethical standards with respect to discretion and regard for confidentiality
- Must possess an abiding commitment of basic ethical and legal principles
- Possess knowledge of emergency preparedness, safety, fire, disaster, OSHA
- Knowledgeable of infection control procedures
- Ability to handle required record keeping
Boro Park Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 504-bed rehabilitation and Skilled Nursing Facility in the heart of the Boro Park section of Brooklyn. Our warm and nurturing environment allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. We want all residents to leave the Boro Park Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare, healthier, happier, and most of all, with the tools to succeed. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence. BPC33