Registered Nurse Educator (RN)
Cooperstown Center is hiring a Registered Nurse Educator in Cooperstown, NY.
- Leads staff development programs; by providing instruction designed in safety, body mechanics, infection control, hazardous infectious materials, etc. to meet NYSDOH & other regulatory mandates
- Maintains educational practices by coaching, counseling, and may participate in disciplinary process; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Records and documents educational activity, attendance and responses
- Report on active projects, reactions, and progress daily, weekly and monthly.
- Participation in QAPI monthly meetings and projects
- Assist Director of Quality and or Director of Nursing in planning, coordinating and implementing staff programs and services to ensure a well-educated staff.
- Maintain appropriate records and assist in data collection for assessment and evaluation purposes
- Consults with and keeps Director of Quality and or Director of Nursing informed as appropriate or required
- Maintains close contact with employees off work, on disability or workman’s compensation, and their physicians to facilitate their earliest possible return to work
- Reviews incident reports, OSHA reports, involving employees injured at work & coordinates education, loss prevention program with our safety program
- Provides annual tuberculosis screening of volunteers; directs follow-up procedure for positive Manitou testing within the scope of practice and under the direction of Director of Nursing.
- Administers Hep B vaccines & Mantoux (TB skin tests) to various contracted agencies and individuals per guidelines and under the direction of Director of Quality or Director of Nursing
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Nurse Educator in Long Term Care
- Current New York State Registered Nurse (RN) License
- Previous experience working in a long-term care setting
- Demonstrated ability to creatively educate and coach
- CPR certification required, CPR trainer certified or willing to become a trainer.
- Training in rehabilitative and restorative nursing practices
- Must possess the ability to interact, educate, coach and communicate with a wide cross-section of individuals in a courteous, tactful and effective manner
- Must possess the highest ethical standards with respect to discretion and regard for confidentiality
- Must possess an abiding commitment of basic ethical and legal principles
- Possess knowledge of emergency preparedness, safety, fire, disaster, OSHA
- Knowledgeable of infection control procedures
Cooperstown Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is a 174-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in the heart of the Mohawk Valley and just minutes away from the National Baseball Hall of Fame and Museum. Cooperstown Center is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, helping each to get stronger, healthier, and happier. We’re a community of friends, neighbors, and family living life to the fullest, and we want all residents to leave Cooperstown Center with dignity and independence. Cooperstown Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.
Equal Opportunity Employer –M/F/D/V