Registered Nurse (RN) Unit Manager- Dementia Unit
Registered Nurse (RN) Unit Manager
Now Offering a $5,000 Sign-On Bonus!!!
Buffalo Center is actively seeking an experienced Registered Nurse (RN) Unit Manager to work the Dementia Unit at our Skilled Nursing Facility located in Buffalo, NY. The ideal candidate will have a pleasant demeanor and excellent communication skills!
Prior long-term care experience required!!
- Handle all supervisory duties for assigned unit
- Help establish and implement employee policies and procedures
- Mentor less experienced nurses, offering clinical & career advice
- Maintain the standards of care for the unit
- Review Resident records & quality of care
- Monitor overall care & review individual Residents’ cases
- Address questions or complaints brought forward by Residents or their families
- Represent the unit's interests with the upper-level management
- Must hold valid NYS RN License
- 3 years Long Term Care Experience preferred
- 2 years Charge Nurse experience preferred
- Strong computer skills
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Experience working with individuals in a mental health, psychology, or related setting preferred.
- Ability to handle intense emotional situations
- Strong interpersonal skills
Buffalo Center is a 200-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in Buffalo, New York. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life of all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence. Buffalo Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care consortium.