Luxor Nursing &Rehabilitation at Mills Pond is actively seeking a motivated and experienced Rehab Aide to work Full-Time at our Skilled Nursing Facility located in St James, NY.
The Rehab Aide assists in the delivery of rehabilitation services under the supervision and direction of rehabilitation personnel within the disciplines of Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, and Speech-Language Pathology as allowed by state and federal regulations. Transports residents on active therapy program, as well as assists in therapy-related activities assigned by rehab personnel. Responsible for clerical duties assigned by the Therapist Managers and other rehabilitation staff for timely and organized maintenance of equipment, medical records, soft charts, and other documentation. Basic computer work and data entry may be required.
- Assists in direct therapy service provision by carrying out delegated, selected patient-related tasks under the direct supervision of a therapist allowed by state and federal law.
- Transports patients/residents to and from the therapy department safely and efficiently. Transportation responsibilities include: advancing to the next resident if the previous resident is not ready (notifying therapist when returning to department), ensuring that resident’s feet are on the footrests when applicable, ensuring resident is incorrect wheelchair by checking name tag on the back of the wheelchair, ensuring appropriate seat belt or seat alarm is in place, ensuring oxygen tanks have sufficient oxygen and notify the nursing and /or therapy when low, transports one resident at a time, and upon completion of therapy session returns resident to unit, nursing station or dining room, if requested. Do not return resident to their rooms unattended unless instructed.
- Escorts independently ambulatory residents to the rehabilitation department when requested.
- Provides additional physical help for patient transfer and safety needs under the direct supervision of a therapist or therapist assistant. Assistants do not perform clinical tasks reserved for licensed therapists or therapist assistants.
- Maintains cleanliness and safety of the rehabilitation department’s physical environment and assigned equipment.
- Oversees maintenance of equipment in accordance with infection control safety guidelines.
- Responsible for maintenance and replenishment of daily needs of clean linen and other commonly used items. Returns used/soiled linens to housekeeping per facility protocol.
- Completes assigned clerical duties, such as computer data entry, photocopying, filing, answering the phone, retrieval of therapy related documentation and other paperwork.
- Maintains a record of equipment maintenance and cleaning schedule as assigned by the therapist manager/s.
- Performs routine inventory and informs the Therapist Manager/s of stock replenishment needs.
- Performs other duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
- Participates in quality improvement activities as assigned by the Therapist Manager and/or Corporate Director of Rehabilitation.
- Responsible for service and operational excellence of all assigned activities to ensure the delivery of quality services required to meet or exceed the expectations of patients / residents, families, caregivers and customers.
- Exhibits courtesy, compassion and respect to patients, residents, families, caregivers, visitors, physicians, administrators and co-workers.
- Adheres to established confidentiality standards, including but not limited to HIPPA regulations and internal company policies.
- CNA license is preferred but not required.
- High school diploma or equivalent. One year of experience in a health care setting is preferred.
- Writes and understands English; Basic computer skills.
- Ability to function effectively in multi-faceted systems and to interact effectively with all levels of staff and customers.
- Demonstrates good organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to perform basic math skills (i.e. add, subtract, multiply and divide).
- Demonstrates the ability to perform basic mechanical skills (i.e. use of a screwdriver, wrench, pliers).
- Interested in assisting those in need, and enjoy working with the elderly.
St. James, NY
Luxor Nursing and Rehabilitation at Mills Pond is a state-of-the-art facility providing long term and short term stays with dedicated quality care. We work tirelessly to make sure your loved ones are cared for across all levels of rehabilitation. Our pledge to the community, our residents, and the staff is to provide post-acute-care in a manner that sets the standard of excellence and strives to meet and/or exceed the expectations of our residents, staff, and all we come in contact with.
Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/D/V CHC3001