Amsterdam Nursing Home is actively seeking a Resident Ambassador/Greeter for our skilled nursing facility in the heart of New York City. The ideal candidate will be able to work full time with flexibility for evenings/weekends.
- Welcomes new Residents & their families to ensure a smooth, hassle-free move.
- Makes sure rooms are clean & ready before welcoming new Residents.
- Introduces new Residents & their families to life in our "Home" and shows them around the Facility.
- Coordinates between new residents & unit managers to ensure their quick evaluation upon arrival.
- Follows up within three days of arrival to ask "How are you doing and what can we do to make it better/easier for YOU"
- Makes three round per day on every floor to discuss Residents’ needs and concerns.
- Maintains a daily log with questions, concerns and issues raised; and any follow up steps taken.
- Submits logs to the Director of Resident Quality daily.
- Assists Residents with the discharge process & follows up the next day.
- Help where help is needed, be a team player and assist in any problem area.
- Demonstrate passion & enthusiasm to work with elderly Residents
- Min. - high school diploma or equivalent.
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- Experience in LTC Community Relations policies a plus
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills
- Ability to multi-task as well as stay on task & concentrate with constant interruptions
With Columbia University and the Cathedral of St. John the Divine among its neighbors, Amsterdam House is located on Amsterdam Avenue at 112 street in New York City. The essence of Amsterdam includes a unique combination of old-world charm, comfortable surroundings, and a state-of-the-art clinical care. Our longstanding tradition of caring is carried out by an exceptional staff who are dedicated to the healing arts, providing each resident with the opportunity to thrive and achieve maximum comfort. Our reputation tells the story of our success. Having consistently earned a 5-star rating from CMS, we are proud to be ranked among the best nursing homes by the US News and World Report.
Equal Opportunity Employer -M/F/D/V