Resident Service Aide
Resident Service Aide
Albany Center for Independent Living is actively seeking a Resident Service Aide to work for our Adult Home in Delmar, NY.
- Report all changes in the elder’s condition to the administrator as soon as practical.
- Follow work assignments and schedules in completing and performing assigned tasks.
- Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as calm environment throughout the unit, facility and shift.
- Keep incontinent residents clean and dry.
- Assist residents in preparing for activity and social programs.
- Assist in transporting residents.
- Check residents routinely to assure that their personal care needs are being met.
- Practice proper infection control procedures when performing any service for the residents.
- Use only the equipment you have been trained to use.
- Assist residents with bathing, dressing, grooming, toileting, and oral hygiene.
- Assist residents with taking medications and document as outlined in the policy manual
- Assist with personal laundry for residents.
- Assist residents in getting to meals and monitoring residents at mealtime.
- Pass out meals in dining room and pour beverages.
- Remind residents of physician appointments; accompany as needed.
- Monitor resident’s whereabouts.
- Make beds/tidy rooms.
- Light housekeeping of resident’s rooms, as needed.
- Interact with residents spontaneously and in planned activities.
- Performance of other duties assigned directly by your supervisor.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak the English language.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Post high school course work in medical services or college degree preferred
- Possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action.
- Possess the ability to deal graciously with personnel resident’s family members, visitors, and the general public.
- Must have patience, tact, cheerful disposition and enthusiasm, as well as being willing to handle elders based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
- Must have some understanding of social, psychological and recreational needs of the aged.
- Must have a sincere desire to work with the aged.
- Willingness to work harmoniously with other associates.
- Must be able to cope with mental and emotional stress of the position.
- Must be able to relate to and work with ill, disabled, elderly, emotionally upset, and at times hostile people within the facility.
- Must complete facilities internal 40-hour orientation training