Northern Manor is actively seeking a Respiratory Therapist for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Nanuet, NY.
- Interviewing & examining Residents regarding their respiratory ailments
- Diagnosing respiratory ailments & testing Resident lung capacities
- Examining test results and identifying issues
- Removing mucus and other fluids from Resident’s lungs
- Clearing Residents’ airways of physical obstructions
- Educating Residents on lung health and disease prevention
- Instructing Residents on the proper use of equipment & or respiratory care procedures.
- Providing emergency resuscitation in cases of ceased breathing
- Determining Resident treatment plans with supervising physician
- Comply with all required safety and infection control procedures.
- Demonstrate respect for Resident's beliefs and property.
- Graduate of an accredited program for respiratory therapy.
- Respiratory care experience preferred.
- Current and valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
- Strong critical thinking, problem solving, and decision making skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and communication skill
Northern Manor Multicare Center has been responding to the health care and lifestyle needs of the senior population since 1981. Our facilities and services include a premier retirement community, assisted living, skilled nursing centers, home care, adult day health centers and community outreach. Northern Manor offers health care and personal services for residents who require help with activities of daily living. Whether a patient is recovering from an accident, illness or surgical procedure, Northern Manor provides quality care to meet the individual needs of every patient. Our focus is on improving quality of life.