Northern Manor Multicare Center is hiring a Respiratory Therapist in Nanuet, NY.
- Interviewing & examining Residents regarding their respiratory ailments
- Diagnosing respiratory ailments & testing Resident lung capacities
- Examining test results and identifying issues
- Removing mucus and other fluids from the Resident’s lungs
- Clearing Residents’ airways of physical obstructions
- Educating Residents on lung health and disease prevention
- Instructing Residents on the proper use of the equipment & or respiratory care procedures.
- Providing emergency resuscitation in cases of ceased breathing
- Determining Resident treatment plans with supervising physician
- Comply with all required safety and infection control procedures.
- Demonstrate respect for the Resident's beliefs and property.
- Graduate of an accredited program for respiratory therapy.
- Respiratory care experience preferred.
- Current and valid driver’s license and reliable transportation required.
- Strong critical thinking, problem-solving, and decision-making skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent organizational and communication skill
Northern Manor Multicare Center has been responding to the health care and lifestyle needs of the senior population since 1981. Our facilities and services include a premier retirement community, assisted living, skilled nursing centers, home care, adult day health centers, and community outreach. Northern Manor offers health care and personal services for residents who require help with activities of daily living. Whether a patient is recovering from an accident, illness or surgical procedure, Northern Manor provides quality care to meet the individual needs of every patient. Our focus is on improving the quality of life. Northern Manor is a proud member of the Centers Health Care consortium.
Equal Opportunity Employer –M/F/D/V
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1033590