Risk Adjuster Coder
Risk Adjuster Coder
The HCC Risk Adjustment Coder works within the Risk Adjustment Team to review medical records and translate them into risk-adjustable ICD-10 codes. The HCC Risk Adjustment Coder is meticulous and diligent in an attempt to ensure the risk accuracy of each member enrolled in a Centers Plan for Healthy Living’s Medicare Plan.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews, analyzes and codes diagnostic information located in a member’s medical record
- Ensures compliance with established ICD-10 coding guidelines and regulations
- Compiles educational materials and trains providers regarding proper coding protocols
- Participates in quality improvement initiatives
- Completes other duties, as assigned
Knowledge, Skill Set & Qualifications Required
- AHIMA certified credentials (RHIA, RHIT, CCS) or AAPC certified credentials (CPC, CPCH, COC, CIC, or CRC).
- 2 years of HCC Risk Adjustment coding experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- A strong knowledge base of medical terminology, abbreviations, pharmacology, and disease processes
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to follow instructions, meet deadlines, and work independently.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
Full time, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Competitive Wages
- Health Benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Voluntary Employee Benefit Programs
- Paid Training
- Employee Referral Award Program
Staten Island, New York
Revival Home Health Care is guided by a tradition of personal, clinical, and technological excellence. We promise to provide responsive, culturally sensitive, professional home care to our communities in a cost-effective way. Our goal is to enhance the physical, psychological, and spiritual well-being of those we serve.
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: job_20220314021112_QJIW7MGMP8QZQIAC