RN Admissions Nurse
Troy Center is hiring a RN Admissions Nurse in Troy, NY.
- Initiate admission assessments on new Residents / hospital returns & initiates initial care plan.
- Assist with the development & direction of the Nursing Department as directed by the DON.
- Review PRI's & coordinate all components of the admission process with the interdisciplinary team.
- Responsible for auditing records to ascertain compliance with facility standards.
- Will participate in discharge planning when necessary.
- Review & evaluate Residents’ care plans when conditions warrant a change as necessary.
- Perform required charting according to policy / procedure.
- Complete MDS, care plans and other documents as assigned.
- Maintain the confidentially of all Resident information as per HIPAA and Corporate guidelines.
- May be assigned to supervise or direct Resident care as necessary.
- Must have an active / unrestricted NYS Registered Nurse License
- Prior experience as an admissions nurse in LTC settings
- Should have excellent clinical assessment skills
- Ability to make good independent decisions
- Strong leadership and supervisory skills
- Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Long-Term Care Experience Preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
Troy Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is an 80-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in the South Troy section of the city, minutes away from the eastern bank of the Hudson River. It’s a homey, welcoming, well-maintained facility, providing a warm and nurturing environment. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, helping each to get stronger, healthier, and happier. We want all residents to leave Troy Center with dignity and independence. Troy Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.
Equal Opportunity Employer –M/F/D/V