RN Manager - Infection Control/Wound Care
Beth Abraham Center is actively seeking a Registered Nurse (RN) to serve as RN Manager for Infection Control/Wound Care for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Bronx, NY.
- Supplement wound care management as well as oversee infection control within the facility. Functions will include, but not limited to:
- Conduct weekly wound rounds with wound care consultant(s) / provider and conduct MD and family notifications and follow-up (care plan updates, etc).
- Complete weekly skin monitoring and document it in PCC.
- Complete weekly wound assessment in PCC.
- Review new admissions and readmissions for accurate wound information.
- Review new or worsening wounds.
- Reviews pressure ulcer prevention interventions.
- Makes recommendations relating pressure relieving devices.
- Update care plans.
- Review treatment orders / implementation/ intervention.
- Complete audits (as applicable).
- Coordinate wound care with interdisciplinary team (dietitian, rehab. services, social service, nursing) etc.
- Responsible for Infection Control.
- Nursing degree from accredited college or university. Graduation from an approved school of Nursing and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- MUST be Registered Nurse with current State License.
- Nurse with Wound Care Certification preferred.
- Previous managerial experience in long term care setting preferred.
- Previous experience with wound care in a health care setting preferred.
Beth Abraham Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is a 448-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility with impressive Resident and family satisfaction ratings. A vital part of the Bronx community, the facility has a long history of providing a warm and nurturing environment, allowing each resident to get stronger, healthier, and happier. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents. We want them to leave Beth Abraham Center with dignity and independence. Beth Abraham Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care continuum.
Equal Opportunity Employer –M/F/D/V