Social Worker Discharge Planner
Amsterdam Nursing Home is actively seeking a Social Worker Discharge Planner for our Skilled Nursing Facility in the heart of New York City.
- Interviewing residents and their families
- Provide psychosocial assessment and counseling to residents and families
- Developing specific care plans based on the needs of individual residents
- Helping residents apply for appropriate social services
- Providing crisis intervention as needed
- Providing grief and loss counseling and supportive counseling
- Strengthening communications among residents, families, and the program or facility staff
- Must be CERTIFIED or LICENSED in the state of New Jersey.
- BSW or similar
- Experience preferred
With Columbia University and the Cathedral of St. John the Divine among its neighbors, Amsterdam House is located on Amsterdam Avenue at 112 street in New York City. The essence of Amsterdam includes a unique combination of old-world charm, comfortable surroundings, and a state-of-the-art clinical care. Our longstanding tradition of caring is carried out by an exceptional staff who are dedicated to the healing arts, providing each resident with the opportunity to thrive and achieve maximum comfort. Our reputation tells the story of our success. Having consistently earned a 5-star rating from CMS, we are proud to be ranked among the best nursing homes by the US News and World Report.
Equal Opportunity Employer -M/F/D/V