Serves as clinical and consultative support to the Nurse Care Management team. Manages caseload of referrals relating to various psychosocial needs and utilizes a comprehensive network of community based social services to address those needs. Considers a range of risk factors in assessing for safety. Provides education and/or support to caregivers in order to promote the psychosocial wellbeing of the member in their own environment
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs an assessment of member-specific social, emotional and environmental service needs.
- Works with interdisciplinary care team in creating a plan of care for a member to help improve health outcomes.
- Evaluates the appropriateness of an ongoing intervention and assesses for the need to continue and/or change the intervention in order to promote best outcome.
- Facilitates the referral to the available community resources to support the member’s identified needs.
- Promotes the collaborative care relationship between the member, the caregiver and the community resource.
- Assists with the coordination of the member's health care and social service needs to optimize measurable psychosocial outcomes.
- Establishes and maintains a cooperative flow of communication with the community organizations.
- Engages in those activities required to develop and maintain a current database and materials related to community accessible care management resources.
- Prepares weekly statistics for reporting purposes.
- Demonstrates the primary goal of member satisfaction by interacting positively with members, their caregivers and their providers.
- Completes daily activities in a professional, respectful, courteous, confidential, and caring manner.
- Develops and maintains a professional collaborative relationship with community partners.
- Maintains a comprehensive understanding of the member health contracts associated with members identified as eligible for Medicaid and Medicare.
- Maintains a cooperative communication flow relating to the ongoing internal changes within the management processes.
- Utilizes a cooperative and respectful presence in the communication, organization and follow thru in a team-oriented environment.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Social Work Masters (MSW) Level Degree required
- Proficiency with personal computers and business software (Microsoft Office)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Competitive Wages
- Health Benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Voluntary Employee Benefit Programs
- Paid Training
- Employee Referral Award Program
Staten Island, New York
Revival Home Health Care is guided by a tradition of personal, clinical, and technological excellence. We promise to provide responsive, culturally sensitive, professional home care to our communities in a cost-effective way. Our goal is to enhance the physical, psychological, and spiritual well-being of those we serve.