Speech-Language Pathologist - Home Health Care
Revival Home Health Care is actively seeking a Speech-Language Pathologist to work in Brooklyn.
Provide professional speech, diagnostic and therapeutic services to the agency’s clients as authorized by the physician and in compliance with the state’s professional practice act for speech pathologists, any applicable licensure/certification requirements, and agency policies and procedures.
Excellent Compensation and Comprehensive Benefits Package provided!
JOB DUTIES /KNOWLEDGE
- Provides skilled speech pathology in accordance with the physician’s plan of care.
- Assists the physician in assessing the client’s functional level by applying appropriate tests and assists in the development and revision of the plan of care.
- Treats clients using therapeutic activities to relieve pain, develop and restore function and maintain maximum performance within the functional limitations of the patient using appropriate speech-language therapy treatments, modalities, and procedures as stated in the speech pathology plan of care.
- Observes, record, and reports the client’s reaction to treatment and any change in the client’s condition to the physician, and/or the coordinator of care, and other staff involved in the client’s care.
- Instructs and advises clients, family, and other health team personnel including, when appropriate, home health aides, in the phases of speech-language therapy in which they may assist the client; instructs all of the above in the use of assistive devices and durable medical equipment, as appropriate.
- Assesses the client’s communication, oral-motor integrity, cognitive status, memory, and problem-solving activities, and speech fluency and quality.
- Evaluates, and regularly reevaluates, the rehabilitation needs of the client; initiates, develop, implements, and make necessary revisions of the client’s plan of care.
- Ensures that the plan of care addresses all problems identified in the assessment or demonstrates the rationale for not doing so.
- Initiates diagnostic, preventive, and rehabilitative procedures as appropriate to the
- client’s care and safety. Makes referrals to other disciplines as indicated by the needs of the client or documents rationale for not doing so.
- Observes signs and symptoms and report to the physician and/or other appropriate health professionals as often as needed or as changes in the client, the condition requires.
- Assists with the coordination of the plan of care and maintain continuity of client care through interdisciplinary coordination with other health professionals assigned to the same clients.
- Attends client care conferences. Initiates client care conferences for complex and/or multidisciplinary clients when required or necessary to ensure good coordination of care.
- Supervises and teaches the home health aide. Communicates plan of care changes to the physician and schedules as often as necessary.
- Teaches supervises and counsels the client and designated caregiver regarding home care procedures as appropriate to the client’s conditions.
- Utilizes agency educational material as appropriate.
- Develops, prepares, and maintains individualized client care documentation with accuracy, timeliness, and according to policies.
- Participates in the agency’s quality improvement, in-service programs.
- Keeps abreast of speech-language therapy trends and knowledge for service provision, documentation, and care coordination.
- Demonstrates competency in skills required by the agency at least once annually.
- Successful completion of a speech pathology program at a school of speech pathology accredited by the state, and approved by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association or the Council on Medical Education and Hospitals of the American Medical Association or both.
- Licensed in the state as a speech pathologist.
- Holds a certificate of clinical competence and licensure granted by the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association.
- Minimum of one year of experience post-license in speech pathology.
Knowledge and Abilities:
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills are necessary to provide care to and communicate with primarily the geriatric population, and to a lesser degree the pediatric and other adult populations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span.
- Able to assess data reflecting the client’s status and interpret the appropriate information needed to identify each client’s requirements relative to their age-specific needs.
DEGREE OF TRAVEL
- A considerable degree of travel to assess patients in institutional settings and/or home environment.
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
Revival Home Health Care is guided by a tradition of personal, clinical, and technological excellence. We promise to provide responsive, culturally sensitive, professional home care to our communities in a cost-effective way. Our goal is to enhance the physical, psychological, and spiritual well-being of those we serve.