Staff Development Director
Staff Development Director
The Director of Staff Development oversees the successful development, implementation and continuous improvement of orientation programs, professional development, evaluations, mandatory educations and trainings of all clinicians hired to ensure safe effective nursing care pursuant to federal/state agency guidelines and policies & procedures.
This position also performs a variety of other duties including; interpreting state mandates and protocols and standards for staff evaluations and professional development; infection control and risk management monitoring and evaluation; maintenance of appropriate staffing levels and supervision creation, review and revision of nursing care policy and procedures in accordance with federal and state guidelines and regulations; maintenance of employee files to ensure compliance with licensing, and health monitoring and mandatory facility education requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Supervises orientation for all agency personnel.
- Provides orientation for all nursing personnel according to state, federal and facility guidelines.
- Provides in-service orientation for all nursing and facility personnel to include federal and state mandated education.
- Records all employee in-service attendance.
- Responsible for yearly nursing staff competence assessment and record keeping.
- Obtains guest speakers when appropriate to topic. Resources may include: WOCN, physicians, pharmacy, and outside consultants as needed.
- Responsible for facility yearly in-service calendar.
- Participates in all aspects of performance improvement activities including risk management.
- nursing staff discipline
- Coordinate the design and implementation of all staff professional development programs
- In collaboration with each department, provide the appropriate performance management instruments, procedures and criteria for staff, to support the methods of effective instruction, student learning growth, and organizational performance and progress
- Maintains and reviews employee files as they relate to health, licensure and mandatory education requirements to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Monitors compliance of nursing staff with all agency policies and procedures to ensure safe, effective nursing care for all patients.
- Other job duties as assigned.
Job Qualifications Required
- New York RN licensure
- Minimum one year experience home care or community care experience
- Minimum one year experience with nursing education or patient teaching responsibilities or equivalent education
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws and regulations
- Expertise in personnel assessments and evaluations
- Knowledge of learning management systems and use of technology to track, streamline and deliver services
- Ability to work with and through people to establish goals, objectives, and action plans
- Knowledge of change management
- Ability to create and interpret statistical information
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred
- Master's Degree
- Staff Development/Performance Improvement/Quality Assurance
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- Full Time
- Monday thru Friday
- Competitive Wages
- Health Benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Voluntary Employee Benefit Programs
- Paid Training
- Employee Referral Award Program
Revival Home Health Care is guided by a tradition of personal, clinical, and technological excellence. We promise to provide responsive, culturally sensitive, professional home care to our communities in a cost-effective way. Our goal is to enhance the physical, psychological, and spiritual well-being of those we serve.