Staff Physician (MD/DO)
Staff Physician (MD / DO)
Schenectady Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is recruiting Geriatric or Internal Medicine specialists to serve as the attending Physician for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Schenectady, NY.
Excellent salary will be offered, commensurate with experience.
- Assuring delivery of quality care services to all patients in a respectful and professional manner.
- Participating in planning, development, and organization of medical services provided.
- Develops and reviews medical policies related to patient care.
- Conduct physical examinations of patients upon their admission and thereafter on a regular and on an “as-needed-basis.”
- Participating in the comprehensive care planning, discharge planning, and client and staff development by providing ongoing medical training and education to staff.
- Participates in preparation for regulatory agency site visits.
- Knowledge of Federal, State and City regulatory requirements and ensures all aspects of clinical care conforms to these requirements.
- Order, evaluate, adjust and terminate prescription of medication dosages using sound medical, ethical and responsible discretion and meets with the patient to discuss any adjustments in medication dosage
- NYS Licensure to practice medicine
- Current DEA Registration, in good standing.
- Current with the Continuing Medical Education (“CME”) licensure requirements
- Current, relevant, and substantial knowledge of areas related to health center licensing and operations, e.g., legal/regulatory, administrative, policy, protocols, and other clinical issues, especially within a managed care environment, required.
- Previous experience providing services and exercising leadership in a culturally and linguistically diverse setting, with demonstrated success.
- Culturally aware and sensitive to the special needs of population.
Schenectady Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing is a 240-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located near the lively, reinvigorated downtown. With a long tradition of supporting the community—and being an active part of it—Schenectady Center is one of the newest in all of New York State with modern fixtures, contemporary features, and the latest amenities throughout. Our patient-centered therapy sessions are delivered by our caring, compassionate, expert team and will ensure that your program is tailored to your specific rehabilitation needs. Schenectady Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium. SC3