Subacute Desk Nurse
Deptford Center is hiring a Subacute Desk Nurse LPN in Deptford, NJ.
- Provides leadership and direction to personnel in accordance with organizational/departmental goals
- Ensuring a clean work environment
- Perform regular supervision of Medication technicians
- Order and monitor medications of residents
- Assist residents with taking medications, as outlined in policy manual
- Ensure proper removal of discontinued medications
- Disposing of discontinued medications per facility policies
- Ensure timely and accurate medication orders and medication renewals.
- Review medication refill log to compare with medication in storage cabinets.
- Review of “no-refill” orders in the refill log and requesting orders from MDs.
- Review of receipt, storage and documentation of medications delivered.
- Maintain medical and medication information on all residents in their designated file.
- Attend to all medication related paperwork for admissions/readmissions (example: medications changes, new orders etc.)
- Report to administrator / follow up with residents who missed or refused medications
- Preforms medication room audits (example: carts and MARS audits)
- Ensure consistency between the physician prescriptions, blister packs and medications poured for each resident.
- communication with physicians and coordination of physician orders
- coordinating lab draws for residents as ordered
- reviewing results and following up with physicians on lab results received
- ensure monthly weights are taken by the med techs, follow up with the physician accordingly and document
- document results of weights in the residents’ charts
- Intervene in medical/mental health emergencies as needed
- Create and update staffing schedules monthly and as needed in between
- Receive call outs from staff, and appropriately fill the called-out shifts in a timely manor
- Handle all personnel issues in the med room (employee behavior, dereliction of duty, complaints) and report to the Administrator
- Must hold valid LPN License
- 3-5 years Long Term Care Experience preferred
- Experience Point Click Care is Preferred
Deptford Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 240-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in Deptford, New Jersey. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence. We offer a friendly working environment, excellent compensation, great benefits package, professional growth & stability, innovative training programs, and more. Deptford Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.
Equal Opportunity Employer –M/F/D/V
Please click on the link below to apply for this position. A new window will open and direct you to apply at our corporate careers page. We look forward to hearing from you!Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 1031225