Substance Abuse Counselor CASAC
Triboro Center is hiring a Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC) for our Skilled Nursing Facility in The Bronx, NY. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree, be a credentialed CASAC counselor, and should have completed 350 hours of OASAS approved CASAC training. Candidate should also have strong leadership skills with a very positive can-do attitude. Premium salary + benefits package, commensurate with experience. The ideal purpose of this position is to provide substance abuse treatment services according to PSI standards.
- Conduct individual and group counseling. Maintain resident charts.
- Develop and oversee Treatment Plans.
- Provide relapse prevention related information/education to residents on a regular basis through small groups, seminars and individual sessions.
- Develops and updates, as needed, Substance Abuse Treatment Plan: Coordinates resident's treatment with other program departments.
- Assists residents in understanding the various phases of the treatment process. Performs welcome interview upon admission.
- Review and distributes residents of program policies, resident's rights and responsibilities.
- Make facility rounds to ensure the safety, security and integrity of the environment.
- Monitor resident behavior and compliance with care plan. Cover clinic desk to monitor call bell system as needed. Monitor residents' rooms for compliance with regulations. Conducts rootl). searches if needed.
- Bachelor's Degree or, completing
- College for Bachelors Degree in Human Services or, Be a credentialed CASAC. Counselor
- Completed 350 hours of OASAS approved CASAC training and be eligible to sit for certification test.
- Minimum of one year recent experience working with substance abusers, T.C.
- HIVIAIDS, or in a related field.
- Bilingual English/Spanish
Triboro Center is a 405-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in the Bronx. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. Triboro Center’s staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence. Triboro Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care consortium.
Equal Opportunity Employer –M/F/D/V