Substance Abuse Counselor
Deptford Center is actively seeking a Certified Substance Abuse Counselor to work part time in our Adult Daycare Facility to provide substance abuse treatment services according to Deptford Center standards.
- Conduct individual and group counseling.
- Maintain resident charts.
- Develop and oversee Treatment Plans
- Provide relapse prevention related information/education to residents on a regular basis through small groups, seminars and individual sessions.
- Develops and updates, as needed, Substance Abuse Treatment Plan.
- Coordinates resident's treatment with other program departments.
- Assists residents in understanding the various phases of the treatment process.
- Performs welcome interview upon admission.
- Review and distributes residents of program policies, resident's rights and responsibilities.
- Make facility rounds to ensure the safety, security and integrity of the environment.
- Monitor resident behavior and compliance with care plan.
- Cover clinic desk to monitor call bell system as needed.
- Monitor residents' rooms for compliance with regulations.
- Bachelor's Degree or, completing
- College for Bachelors Degree in Human Services or,
- Be a credentialed CASAC. Counselor
- Minimum of one year recent experience working with substance abusers
Deptford Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 240-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in Deptford, New Jersey. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence. We offer a friendly working environment, excellent compensation, great benefits package, professional growth & stability, innovative training programs, and more. Deptford Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.
Equal Opportunity Employer –M/F/D/V