Ontario Center is actively seeking a motivated and dedicated Full-Time Nursing Home Unit Secretary for our Skilled Nursing Facility in Canandaigua, NY. The ideal candidate will have very strong communication skills and healthcare experience.
- Basic administrative office functions; filing & data entry
- Typing reports & correspondence as required, Assisting with the admissions / discharge process
- Scheduling appointments for Residents when needed
- Initiating & coordinating transportation approvals & schedules
- Relaying vital information to Nursing Staff & Medical Team
- Maintain medical records as per protocol, file medical charts as required
- Provide unit staff with employee manuals & forms
- Inventories unit/office supplies & performs all other related duties
- Minimum of a High School diploma or equivalent
- Pleasant phone manner & strong computer skills
- Solid organizational and communication skills
- Ability to multi-task in high-pressure environment
- Experience in LTC settings a plus
- Should be friendly and a team worker
Ontario Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare (formerly Ontario County Health Facility) is a long-term care facility that provides the highest possible quality of care and quality of life for all Health Facility residents. The facility provides a versatile nursing home environment that encourages creativity among residents, managers, and staff. In addition to an emphasis on individuality and self-determination, the nursing home is viewed as a home as much as a medical institution, with the residents’ psychosocial needs deserving a prominence at least equal to their medical condition. At Ontario Center, we offer a friendly working environment, excellent compensation, a comprehensive benefits package, professional growth & stability, innovative training programs and more.