Nursing Home Activities Aide
Delmar Center is seeking energetic & passionate Activities Aides to work Weekends at our Skilled Nursing Facility in Delmar, NY.
- Implement activities programs for Residents; focus on individual interests
- Work directly with Residents on units; without direct supervision
- Organize and obtain supplies and equipment as requested
- Assist recreation specialists & set up program areas as needed
- Keep daily attendance and document residents’ participation in activities
- Assist residents to program location and return residents to appropriate units
- Be familiar with established emergency procedures
- Positive attitude and energy are a must!
- Experience with activities in a healthcare setting or college work in recreation therapy
- Previous experience with a geriatric population preferred
- Strong computer skills necessary
- Ability to work effectively as a team member
- Strong organizational & planning skills; ability to multi-task
- Dementia experience preferred
Delmar Center is a 120-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located in a quiet residential neighborhood in Delmar, New York, a suburb of Albany. A recognized leader in short-term rehab and long-term care, Delmar Center is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life for all our patients and residents, helping each to get stronger, healthier, and happier. We’re a community of friends, neighbors, and family living life to the fullest. Delmar Center is a proud member of Centers Health Care—the largest post-acute health care network in the Northeast. Delmar Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.
Centers Health Care is a fully integrated post-acute care continuum offering rehabilitation and skilled nursing services in more than 45 locations covering four states. In addition, we provide special services including in-center and home dialysis, ventilator care, and care for those with Alzheimer’s. The Centers Health Care family offers Skilled Nursing, Urgent Care, Managed Care, Renal Dialysis Services, Clinical Laboratory Services, Adult Day Health Care, and Assisted Living services, as well as every level of Home Care. Centers is well known for our commitment to our employees, offering outstanding ongoing training and development, career advancement opportunities, competitive pay rates, generous compensation packages and more.