Wound Care Nurse Coordinator
Warren Center is hiring a Wound Care Nurse Coordinator in Queensbury, NY.
- The wound care coordinator will supplement wound care management for assigned centers. Functions will include, but not limited to:
- Conduct weekly wound rounds with wound care consultant(s) / provider and conduct MD and family notifications and follow-up (care plan updates, etc).
- Complete weekly skin monitoring and document it in PCC.
- Complete weekly wound assessment in PCC.
- Review new admissions and readmissions for accurate wound information.
- Review new or worsening wounds.
- Reviews pressure ulcer prevention interventions.
- Makes recommendations relating pressure relieving devices.
- Update care plans.
- Review treatment orders / implementation/ intervention.
- Complete audits (as applicable).
- Coordinate wound care with interdisciplinary team (dietitian, rehab. services, social service, nursing) etc.
New Admits Process:
- ADON/designee will verify the skin assessment on admission (within 24 hours) and add as applicable – to the wound care provider list
- The ADON is still Responsible for the overall Wound care program - management of wound tracker, reviewing new admits, reviewing newly identified wounds
- Nursing degree from accredited college or university. Graduation from an approved school of Nursing and experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Registered Nurse with current State License.
- Nurse with Wound Care Certification preferred.
- Previous experience in long term care setting.
- Previous experience with wound care in a health care setting preferred.
Warren Center is an eighty-bed skilled nursing facility located at 42 Gurney Lane. Our facility provides a wide spectrum of nursing care to the residents of Warren County. We provide short-term rehabilitation services to people who cannot immediately return to their homes because of an accident or illness. We also provide long-term care for individuals who are unable to care for themselves. We look at each person from an individual perspective. We then utilize a team approach working with the residents and their families to develop a unique plan of care to meet their needs. Warren Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care consortium. WMT1991
Equal Opportunity Employer –M/F/D/V