Wound Care Nurse (RN)
Registered Nurse - RN Wound Nurse
Corning Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is seeking a Full-Time Registered Nurse to serve as the Wound Care Nurse for our skilled nursing facility in Corning, NY.
- Responsible for all open wounds in the facility- including cleaning and dressing
- Responsible for completing admission paperwork
- Provides advice & support to the Residents and their families.
- Monitoring Residents and administering medication and treatments.
- Documents Resident care services by charting in Resident & dept. records.
- Protects Residents & staff by adhering to infection-control policies & protocols.
- Resolves Resident problems & needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to Facility philosophies & standards of care.
- Maintains Resident confidence by keeping information confidential.
- Tracking of infection control
- Monitoring and reporting, including monthly reports.
- Current NYS State RN License
- Long-Term Care Experience Preferred
- Solid computer skills; working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Should be friendly and a team worker
Corning Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 120-bed skilled nursing facility located in Corning, New York, and is designed for individuals with skilled nursing needs, postoperative recuperation, or complex medical care demands, as well as chronically-ill individuals who can no longer live independently. We offer a variety of services including Skilled Nursing Care, Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Rehabilitative Care and Therapy, Social Work Services, and Recreational Activities. Corning Center is a proud member of the Centers Health Care Consortium.