Wound Care Registered Nurse (RN)
Registered Nurse - RN Wound Nurse
Bushwick Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is seeking a Wound Care Registered Nurse (RN) for our skilled nursing facility in Brooklyn, NY.
- Responsible for all open wounds in the facility- including cleaning and dressing
- Responsible for completing admission paperwork
- Provides advice & support to the Residents and their families.
- Monitoring Residents and administering medication and treatments.
- Documents Resident care services by charting in Resident & dept. records.
- Protects Residents & staff by adhering to infection-control policies & protocols.
- Resolves Resident problems & needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Assures quality of care by adhering to Facility philosophies & standards of care.
- Maintains Resident confidence by keeping information confidential.
- Tracking of infection control
- Monitoring and reporting, including monthly reports.
- Current NYS State RN License
- Long-Term Care Experience Preferred
- Must be wound and ostomy certified
- Solid computer skills; working knowledge of MS Office
- Excellent communication skills
- Should be friendly and a team worker
Bushwick Center for Rehabilitation and Healthcare is a 225-bed rehabilitation and skilled nursing facility located on the border of Brooklyn & Queens. Our size enables a warm, nurturing environment, which allows each resident to maintain his or her individuality. Our staff is committed to ensuring the highest quality of life of all our residents, by maintaining each resident’s dignity and independence. BC21